September 12, 2011

Getting Artsy

Saturday I took a painting class at a JoAnn fabric and craft store. The class was for this new style of painting called Social Artworking. I was the only person signed up for the class and my "instructor" thought the class started at 1 when it actually started at 12. I put quotes around instructor because she didn't instruct me much with what to do. I could have saved my money and just used the instructions that came with the pattern since all she really did was read the instructions to me. But I had a good time and came out with a cute piece of art I'm going to hang up.
Easy Steps:
It's pretty simple to do: you pick a pattern and then you trace it on to carbon paper then you trace it again onto your canvas and you start painting. After about 2 hours I had painted this...
It's not perfect but I'm ok with that. It was my first time painting anything so I think I did alright. I just love the design! Since I love baking cupcakes I thought this painting was perfect. On the website you can see there are a bunch of different designs to choose from. They also recommend have a girl's night in painting party. I think that would be a fun idea to get a couple of friends together and paint some fun pictures for your home!
Photobucket



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

6 comments:

Lyndsay said...

That's so cute! I don't have one artistic bone in my body so I'm always in awe of people who do! :)

Lauren said...

How cute, I want to do a class like that :-)

Janna said...

GREAT JOB! I love how fun it is...we go to a place here called painting with a twist...LOVE IT!

Leslie said...

how cute is that?! I've always wanted to take some of those classes!

Heather said...

I think it would be so fun to take a class like that!!! Love your work :).

Michelle said...

I love it! So cute! I'm so not artistic but I'm sure classes would be fun! :)

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML