October 4, 2011

Halloween Ribbon Wreath

Two weekends ago, I decided I wanted to make a ribbon wreath for Halloween. So I headed to Michael's to pick up my materials since they were having a sale on ribbon. I used instructions from The Picky Apple but I guess I didn't read them thoroughly because she says to "avoid sheer ribbon unless you enjoy getting hot glue all over your fingers." I didn't. This resulting in me burning my fingers numerous times.

If you plan on making one I just have two things to share with you.

1. Buy a TON of ribbon. I ran out of ribbon and then had to go back to Michael's to get more. Then I ran out again but I just wanted to finish the wreath and not have to get more ribbon so I just didn't cover the outside and inside with a lot of ribbon and it still came out fine. It's best to have more than you need and return the unused spools then not having enough and having to go back to the store. The amount of ribbon you need depends on how full looking you want your wreath to be. I wanted a very full wreath so I used a lot of spools (I think about 18 spools of 3yd!).

2. It will take a long time. Luckily my 7 year niece is smart or I would have been cutting each spool of ribbon individually. She had the brilliant idea to cut a couple of spools at the same time which was a bit of a time saver. Gluing the ribbon into loops took a long time since I was using the sheer ribbon and the glue would go through and burn my fingers. Then gluing the loops onto the wreath took a long time because I spent a long time deciding exactly where I wanted each ribbon to go.

Here is the finished product!


Upclose picture of the ribbon

I'm really happy with the way it looks. I love the orange glitter ribbon because it adds the right amount of sparkle to the wreath.

Now I am going to make these ribbon wreaths for every holiday and season. I even went to Michael's today to buy Christmas ribbon so I can start on my next wreath!

Photobucket



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

this looks awesome!!! I've been wanting to make one but everyone keeps talking about how long it takes to make it and I'm a bit impatient ha

Gabriella said...

This is adorable! :)

Lauren said...

That looks amazing! Love the new design too :-)

Melanie Mueller said...

Oh my goodness! That is ADORABLE!! I love it!

Melanie Mueller said...

Oh my goodness! That is ADORABLE!! I love it!

Heather said...

I love it!!! I think it's really cute!

Now I want to make one for Christmas :).

sSe said...

This is great! I have seem a whole lot of people post about these types of ribbon wreaths, and love seeing eveyones' individual and different final product!

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML