May 9, 2011

I hope everybody had a nice weekend celebrating Mother's Day. Saturday afternoon I took my mom to a mother-daughter tea at the Lafayette Park Hotel. This hotel is one of my favorite places; it is so pretty (ever since I was younger I have always wanted to have my wedding there). I unfortunately forgot my camera at home. :( But we both opted for the Mighty Leaf Orange Dulce tea which was so yummy. I don't normally add sugar to my tea but since they had these fun sugar cubes on the table I decided to add one and it made it taste really good. We feasted on finger sandwiches, scones, and petit fours. The best part was just spending time with my mom, just me and her.

Sunday, my mom and I went to church per are usual routine. I was finally able to make my $40 donation that I had promised that I would do for Lent. I usually don't carry much cash on me but I made sure to get some before Sunday. They played this slide show during the mass showing pictures of different animal mothers with their babies and I started to tear up during it and I felt lame for doing so but all the pictures were so cute and it just made me thankful to have an amazing mother. When I was going for communion I did see that guy who I think is cute; I was starting to wonder what happened to him because I hadn't seen him in a few weeks but it was good to see him again.

After church we headed home and ate a late breakfast. I went to my room and fell asleep for about until hour until my niece came into my room and poked me to wake me up. I got a Starbucks gift card from my oldest sister which was really nice and unexpected. Luckily I got her a card so I didn't feel empty handed. The rest of the day was just spent hanging with the fam.

Last night was the season finale of The Amazing Race and I was so sad. First I was really upset Zev and Justin were eliminated in the first hour. After the cowboys were eliminated, Zev and Justin were my next favorite team. But they seemed liked they had a great time and Justin was so supportive of Zev during the road block. Once they were eliminated all my support went to Gary and Mallory. Mallory is the cutest thing and I was hoping they would win out of the remaining teams but unfortunately they got a bad cabbie which in the last legs means you will most likely not win. I wasn't upset that Jen and Kisha won because they ran a good race but I would have preferred if one of my favorites had won.

After that I switched over to Celebrity Apprentice and was so happy to see Star Jones get fired. She has bugged me from the beginning. I would really like the final two to be John Rich and Lil' Jon. We will have to wait until next week though to see who makes it through.

Time for Dancing With the Stars...gotta watch for the hidden gems!

Photobucket



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

1 comment:

Jules said...

I actually wanted to do tea with my mom this year, because she loves it, but she opted for brunch. It sounds like you and your mom had a really nice time. I’d still love to go and try an afternoon tea at the place by us.

Cute boy at church? That sounds like it has potential :)

I was so happy Star went home too. She is horrible!

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML