January 31, 2011

Family Time

This weekend my brother was home. He lives about 2.5 hours away, not that bad of a drive. My sister and her kids (my niece, age 6, and my nephew, age 8) came over on Sunday for dinner and to hang out. They live about 3 minutes away. I LOVE my family. We have a lot of fun with each other and we always make each other laugh.

We had a nice family dinner with ham, potato salad, biscuits, and a green salad. It was really good. The only thing was we ate pretty early so I was hungry later in the night. I don't not like eating dinner so early because I will always end up eating something later.

I had made some Holiday Funfetti brownies on Friday that were all eaten by Sunday and my sister was expecting some. Luckily I had bought the Valentine Funfetti brownie mix a week ago at Target so my niece and I whipped up a batch. We have two ovens and I think the oven I used for the brownies was installed incorrectly and is tilted or something because when I put the pan in the oven the batter was spread evenly but when I took the pan out the brownies were unevenly cooked. So I don't think I will be using that oven for baked goods anymore.

My niece and nephew are so funny. My nephew took my sister's digital camera and set it up in her room and recorded a message to us that he told us to watch after he left. It was so funny/cute. Love those kids.

Today we went out to breakfast and then went to Wal-Mart to buy a new tv for the family room. We currently have a tv in there from like 1994! After that we came home and just talked for like 3 hours. We are such close-knit family and I don't know what I would do without them!

Hope everybody's Monday was good. Can't believe January is over already!



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML