August 24, 2011

My Weekend: Part II

While we were driving up to Tahoe on Friday, we heard a commercial on the radio for a Luke Bryan/Dierks Bentley concert. We proceeded to freak out because it was on Sunday. We weren't sure how we missed hearing about it. The concert was in Santa Rosa which is about an hour north of where we live. So I immediately tried to find out any info about the show on my phone. We decided that we would go since I have been totally loving Luke Bryan and was slightly mad he wouldn't be coming anywhere near here for his CMT tour. My sister is a bug Dierks Bentley fan and it had been a while since he saw him last.

The show, Sonoma County Country Music BBQ, was at the fairgrounds and we decided to get the VIP tickets so we could have the option to sit in bleachers and be close to the stage without having to get there early. The gates opened at 2 but Luke didn't go on until 7 and Dierks was going on at 8:30. We left Tahoe around 1:30 and there was a lot of traffic. We eventually got to the fairgrounds at 5:45. We got inside and went to the VIP area where the rude security guard told us we needed wristbands to get in that area which we didn't have and was never told we needed. So we headed back to the gate and had to go back to the ticket booth and tell them the problem. At first I was worried that they wouldn't give us the wristbands but they eventually did.

Back inside we were able to get in the VIP section and scoped out a spot for Luke Bryan. I was so excited to see him. I got some great video and a few good pictures.

 
 





After Luke, Dierks Bentley came on and I'm not a big fan but after the show I might have decided I liked him more than I previously did.
Dierks was in Vegas on Friday and they found this big boot so they brought him up on stage. Dierks and I even had a twitter convo about the boot.


If you watch the What Was I Thinkin' video you will see what I tweeted about.



Photobucket



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

VIP section and a conversation with Dierks?!?! That's awesome! :) Great pictures too!

Mrs Nautical Belle said...

I love luke bryan much more than Dierks also. But they are both still cute and I love their music! Looks like you had a great time :) Sometimes those last minute concerts are the best. We saw Easton Corbin at the last minute and it was so much fun.

xoxo.

Mrs Nautical Belle said...

I love luke bryan much more than Dierks also. But they are both still cute and I love their music! Looks like you had a great time :) Sometimes those last minute concerts are the best. We saw Easton Corbin at the last minute and it was so much fun.

xoxo.

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

Ahhh I bet this was so fun!! I love them both! Bummed I didn't get to a country concert this summer.

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML